Pasco County School’s key priorities are to provide your child with high impact instruction, make data-driven decisions, and work in a collaborative culture to ensure that your child achieves success. Florida Statute 1008.25 requires districts to determine student progression from one grade to another based on mastery of standards (in English/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies). In addition, students and parents must be informed of each student’s academic progress.
This year district has created Quarterly Checks in order to provide meaningful information to inform teaching and learning in our schools. Quarterly Checks will provide a way for us to:
· Meet the requirements of the above statute
· Have a quick, common and consistent way to check on our students’ progress in each content area throughout the school year and across the district
· Help teachers focus on planning for and responding to instruction and student needs (each check is designed to communicate a student’s progress on the standards just taught)
· Communicate student progress towards mastery of standards to both student and parent, as well as how a student compares to their peers in the same class or course
· Adjust curriculum and instructional plans and programs at the teacher, school and district level
Quarterly Checks will be part of your child’s instruction just like any other learning activity. Our first testing window begins on October 12th. If you have any questions related to Quarterly Checks, you may contact Ms. Ramirez at 727-774-3700 or firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, thank you for your support.